Sunday, June 28, 2015

CSA Week 4

Here's what's in the box this week:
Beet greens
Zucchini
Bok choy
Dill
Garlic scapes
Sweet and spicy vinegarette 
(Sorry no pic this week)

The beet greens were sautéed and added to what is becoming my standard morning breakfast - scrambled eggs with greens and green garlic butter. 

The zucchini was turned into zoodles then sautéed with the vinegarette, teriyaki and hot sauce. 



The bok choy was turned into an Indian dish with lentils. I loosely followed this recipe but used a pre-made spice mix. http://food52.com/recipes/26050-bok-choy-dal-tadka-dhaba-style-bok-choy-in-spiced-lentil-curry




The dill was made into a Greek style yogurt cucumber salad. It has my homemade yogurt, dill, scapes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper 



I also added the scapes to the salad and to the dal in a scape-ginger paste.



I really enjoyed using my fun new kitchen equipment- my spiralizer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment