Sunday, August 25, 2013

Last few weeks, part 1

It's been a while since my last post, but there has been good reason - my life has been completely turned up on it's head. First I finished my second pharmacy residency in oncology, moved an hour away, went on the vacation of a lifetime, was in my step-sister's wedding and started my new job...all within about 4 weeks. Yikes!!

So, for this post, I'm going to share pics of my new place. This is mainly for my family's sake because they wanted to see it but I'm somewhat embarrassed about the GIGANTIC mess that moving makes. So, here's the disclaimer...THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS....


Kitchen. Notice the awesome teal wall tile. Most of my appliances are red, so I think it works.


Other part of kitchen. Thinking about putting a shelf above that window for nick nacks.


Front room. Eventually, there will be pictures on the walls...


Still front room. This was the room I was hoping to put the desk in...the desk had other plans.


So here is where the desk has landed...in the hallway. As you can see there is another doorway so it's not totally in the way, just mostly. I'm thinking a GIANT urn or something so it's an art piece and not a total failure in my measuring skills...


Middle room. Another epic fail...my larger couch didn't fit and so all I'm left with is the loveseat. New couch and curtains in my future...and a TV.


Bathroom. Notice the peach scarf as a curtain.


Soon-to-be craft/sewing room. Right now a coat closet.


Guest room. Bedding and curtains soon.


Master. Also in need of curtains...currently using blankets, very classy.


The place is an old house so it has cool details like these lamps in each bedroom. So there, family, here is my place. Hopefully by the time you get out to visiting, it won't look like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment