Sunday, August 25, 2013

Monster Cookie Dough Dip

Ok, back to cooking! I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back and squirreled it away. I've seen a lot of variations of a cookie dough that you can eat without worries of getting sick, i.e. no eggs. I have to confess that I'm not much of cookie dough eater. I know, shock! It's never really appealed to me...just give me the cookies, they are hot. Hmmm, maybe it's a temperature thing? Nonetheless, this dip sounded like fun.


Monster Cookie Dough Dip

  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat, have to at least try...)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 T brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 2 packages plain M&Ms (the size you get at the checkout)
  • 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. With a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and PB until smooth
  2. Add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, flour and vanilla
  3. Stir in by hand the oats. Start with 1 1/2 cups then add more as you like for a thicker dip. Remember that the dip will get firmer once it goes in the fridge. I used 2 cups.
  4. Stir in M&Ms and chocolate chips
  5. Store in fridge until serving. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers or apple slices.
Beware, this dip makes a lot!! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it all...I'm going to try freezing some, will let you know in the future. I also am going to give some away and perhaps take it to work, i.e. the evaporation station. 

I took this dip to a house party where we played Cards Against Humanity. If you are not aware of this game, it's like Apples to Apples only for adults...hilarious. Here's an example of a particularly good round:


Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment