Sunday, November 24, 2013

Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

It has been a gross weather weekend. Last night I looked outside to see that the wind was blowing so hard, snow was flying sideways. I'm pretty sure the wind blew all night and has proceeded to blow all day today too. The wind blew so hard, it even blew in one of my window panes! Good thing there was a chair there or the glass would have broken! Makes me not want to go outside.

So I got out a pork roast from the freezer and looked through my recipes to find one I can make with what I had on hand. So I found a recipe I found on Pinterest called Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast.


1 (2-3 lb) pork roast
2/3 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c honey
3 T soy sauce
2 T Italian seasoning
2 T minced garlic
2 T olive oil
1/2 t salt
2 T corn starch
1/4 c water

Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray. Put roast in crock pot. Combine parmesan, honey, soy, Italian seasoning, garlic, oil and salt in a bowl and pour over roast. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until roast is 160 degrees. Take roast out of slow cooker, strain juices. Pour liquids into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Mix corn starch and water in a jar and shake to make a slurry. Add slurry to boiling pan drippings and cook until thickened, about 2 min.


Very tasty - the soy added a nice dark color to the sauce. I even put the pork the in the slow cooker mostly frozen and it cooked up well. This is not the long cooking roast that you shred up with forks so it might not be the best recipe to do when you have to do to work for 8 hours. Looking forward to making some tasty sandwiches with that pork and gravy!! Nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment