Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ranch Meatloaf

I've always seen those commercials on TV about adding Ranch Dip to your meatloaf. Always sounded like a good idea, but why would I waste my dip mix? Not to worry now that I have a giant bag of mix! So I looked up the Hidden Valley Recipe and went to town.


Ranch Meatloaf
1 lb lean ground beef
2T Ranch Dip Mix (or 1 envelope)
1/2c bread crumbs
2T homemade mayo
Ketchup

Mix all ingredients except ketchup to combine. Place in loaf pan and top with ketchup cook at 350 degrees for 50 min or until the middle is 165 degrees. (The recipe called for 3/4lb of meat and I had 1lb, which is why I increased the cooking time. Also, my meat was still kinda frozen, also accounting for the increase in time from the original)

Some thoughts - I'm currently out of eggs and it was snowing all day yesterday, so I added mayo that I had made a few days ago (it has eggs in it) but if you had eggs, I would use that instead. Also, I think it's interesting that the picture on the website for the recipe had ketchup on it but there was no ketchup called for in the recipe, so I topped my meatloaf with it. You can if you want to, or not, up to you.


The recipe also suggests you let the meatloaf cool for 10 min before cutting into it.


Also makes a great open face sandwich for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment