Saturday, February 22, 2014

Yeast Waffles

You know how you just get a craving for something? Well I  was trying to think of what I wanted to make for dinner the other night and waffles with eggs crossed my mind. Then I remembered coming across a recipe for sourdough waffles and I thought that I could use my bread dough in the fridge as a base. After looking at various recipes, I finally decided to base my recipe on this recipe from Serious Eats.

Waffles
13 oz prepared bread dough
2 eggs
3 T butter, melted
1/2 cup half and half
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup all purpose flour

Whisk together eggs and half and half. Add in dough and butter. Whisk to combine. This step takes a while, basically you are trying to thin out the dough to the consistency of pancake batter. I found that I needed to add extra flour to get the right texture. Cook in waffle maker.


The batter. I didn't add sugar to this mix because my dough is a roasted garlic dough. So this is a savory waffle. The only thing I may have done differently was maybe add additional salt.


My dinner - maple syrup, fried eggs and bacon (oven baked, of course)


For breakfast the next day, I toasted the left overs and added more toppings. This one is maple syrup and speck (an Italian smoked pork product).


This one has homemade ranch and speck.


And, of course, also great with PB and jelly...

No comments:

Post a Comment