Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spread for Bread

You can only eat so much bread unadorned. Since I have been making so much bread lately, I started looking for a fun spread for the bread. Also, I have been trying to get more omega 3s in my diet. When I saw this recipe for Sardine Butter, I thought it would be worth a try. Somehow I have found myself with 3 tins of sardines...only a few weeks ago, I had never even tried them, and guess what? They are actually pretty good! You have to look for canned in oil and boned.



The recipe used salted butter but I only keep on hand unsalted butter...so I added salt. I made this for dinner one night so didn't have the luxury of setting the butter out for a while, so I put it in the microwave. I have found that short bursts (like 5-10 seconds at a time) will turn refrigerator temp butter to room temp butter very nicely. I highly suggest you try this spread. It's not too fishy and was a great addition to home made bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment