Sunday, July 10, 2016

CSA Week 5

I'm on vacation this coming weekend so I'm trying to cook up the CSA before I go. We are also in the time of year that our new residents start and so we have a lot of welcome parties - some we bring food and some we don't. Also my friend that shares my share with me is out of town this past weekend, so I had the whole share to myself.

What's the the box this week:
snow peas
chard
broccoli
herb bouquet

The chard was made into a salad with millet, chickpeas and frozen corn. The herbs went into my dressing. This will go to one of the picnics - it's vegetarian and gluten-free, so a crowd pleaser. Some of the salad I kept for me for lunches, but added pulled pork for protein.



I also pickled the chard stems. It's pink due to adding Sriracha.



With the broccoli, I wanted to make a broccoli salad but I'm not a huge fan of raw broccoli, so I roasted it. I added in the snow peas for crunch and used some of the herb dressing mixed with yogurt for a creamy dressing. It's also destined for the picnic, so now I have a few salads to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment