Sunday, July 24, 2016

CSA Week 7

Since I was out of town last week, my CSA sharing partner had the whole box. This week my second box started, so I'm going to have to start getting more creative!!

So in box 1, I got:
2 yellow squash
1 bunch broccoli raab
herb bouquet

box 2:
3 ears corn
1 red onion
2 large and 3 small cucumbers
1 ripe tomato
1 green tomato
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
3 red potatoes

I was really looking forward to the corn! I will soon get sick of it - the last time I had this CSA, we had corn every week for about 6 weeks, I am trying to be better prepared this time around.

My sourdough starter needed some love, so I made a batch of dough with the intent of using it for pizza. I made a pizza with thinly sliced zucchini, corn, tomato jam and a local cheese. So lovely!



I got some fun new containers for meal prep, so I used them this week. I made oven baked chicken - the sauce was a mix of the leftovers of the dressings from my salads a few weeks back, the green tomato (using it kinda like a tomatillo), olive oil and all the sage from the herb bouquet - everything went into the blender and on top of the chicken. This is a really easy way to cook chicken and it was pretty quick to put together.



I made parmesan zucchini and corn saute with the rest of the corn and squash. The recipe called for dried herbs but I used the fresh herbs from my bouquet.

The last thing I made was the grain side - it's a farro, white bean and broccoli raab gratin. The recipe is from America's Test Kitchen and you bake the farro, what an interesting idea. This may not have been the best weekend to keep the oven on for a few hours (it's in the 90s+ here), but you do what you have to do.

I made a cucumber and tomato salad one night. 

I didn't use the potatoes - if I get more next week, then I will have enough for meal prep. I also didn't use the onion, in favor of using other onions in my pantry that were going bad.


Meal prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment