Monday, September 2, 2013

Chocolate Chia Pudding

Some of you might find this shocking, but I can occasionally make something that I don't like. Case in point is this Chocolate Chia pudding. I saw this recipe as I was looking at my rss feed - it's one of those situations where I had all the ingredients on hand and as a concept sounded good. The recipe came out of the Food Network blog and the ingredients going into it were good...in the end it was not sweet enough for me - but I'm not a dark chocolate person, so it might be sweet enough for you, guess you will just have to try it out yourself!





Chocolate Chia Pudding
4-6 servings
• 2 cups almond milk
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 2/3 cup chia seeds
In a medium bowl combine the milk, maple and cocoa. Whisk to combine. Whisk in the chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. Stir before serving (add extra milk to thin to desired consistency).

I happened to use up the last of my chia seeds making this, so I was determined to fix it. I added powdered sugar to taste, mainly because I knew it would incorporate well (I do realize that I am totally undermining the original intent of this recipe) and I added a tablespoon of peanut butter...because PB and chocolate go together well (but it took some doing to get THAT incorporated, basically I just put it back in the fridge to melt). Now it's yummy! So in the future, I would add more maple syrup at the beginning. Just because I didn't like the initial offering, doesn't mean I can't fix it. I think that is what tests your mettle as a cook - if it doesn't taste right, futz with it until it does!!

No comments:

Post a Comment