Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Best Corn Chowder?

I found this recipe at Serious Eats and it caught my eye, particularly since you use fresh corn. I've had the corn for a few days, mainly because the thought of a hot soup was just unbearable. Yesterday, though, was cooler than I thought it was going to be so soup sounded great! The nice thing about this recipe is that they walk you through an interesting way to cut corn off the cob without getting it everywhere:



Use a smaller bowl inside a larger bowl. It worked really well! Once again, I pretty much followed the recipe - you use the spent cobs to flavor a corn broth:


It's a great idea and really brought a lot of flavor to the soup. I also cut down the half and half to one cup (also I used fat free half and half) and I used my immersion blender to make the soup pretty smooth:


The recipe is called The Best Corn Chowder. It was pretty good, but I don't really like to call something "the best" because the next time I make it, it might be better ;) It was a pretty fast recipe, one that is easily made after work on a weekday. Yum! If you try it, weigh in...is this the BEST corn chowder?

No comments:

Post a Comment