Sunday, January 19, 2014

Asian Lettuce Wraps

Was at the store today and saw this great bibb lettuce and instantly thought "lettuce wraps". So I grabbed some ground pork and green onions. When I got home, I realized I didn't have any ginger...oops. Oh well. Looking around the internet, I found this recipe. It was a pretty good start - I didn't have tofu, but that's ok. I shredded up some carrots instead for some color. I used the sauce portion of the recipe - only I used chili-garlic sauce for heat instead of shriracha. I also did a quick pickle of grated radish - just add some vinegar while you are getting everything else ready and chopped peanuts. 


Very yummy but messy. The picked radish added some zing to the savory of the pork. Also this dish was very quick, so it's best to have everything in place before you start cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment