Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Dip

I've seen a lot of these paint and sip places pop up around the country (and the products of which posted on Facebook). A few months ago, one popped up here in Wilkes-Barre called Art n' Vino and I thought it would be a great place to have a birthday party, for me.

The basic concept of these places is that you bring some wine and snacks and you all paint the same picture, as directed by the artist. Since I scheduled the party, I got to choose the painting - and I chose Starry Night by Van Gogh - who happens to be one of my favorite painters.

I decided to bring a dip in the crock pot since it's been so cold and it can be snacked on easily. After looking at many options, I decided to do a Chicken Enchilada Dip from Taste of Home. The recipe was to be heated in the microwave, so I put it in the crock pot instead. I also added more chicken - the recipe called for 2 cups, I added a whole rotisserie chicken (about 4 cups). I also don't have packets of taco seasoning - I have a bottle of seasoning from Penzeys, so I was a little unsure of how much to add, so I added 3 T. I stirred everything together and set on low for an hour, to make sure the cheese melted. Once everything was heated and melted, I added the rest of my pack of cheese (about 1 cup) to the top and some scallion greens.


Here's the dip, at the studio (notice my paint in the background). It was very tasty and was like chicken enchiladas. I have to say that I feel a little guilty that I professed to limit my processed foods and I go and dump a can of condensed chicken soup in a dip, not even a week later. I guess "try" is the operative word here. The dip really was so good, that I might rework it to make it less processed in the future. There I feel better now.


Here's my finished painting! We had such a good time! If anyone in the area thinks this might be a good idea, please take a look at Art n' Vino. He has a calendar of classes on his website (link above) and I think it's very reasonable - $36 per class. He even has a loyalty club, how fun! I'm ready for another one, anyone wanna join??

No comments:

Post a Comment