Sunday, January 12, 2014

Asian-Style Marinade

I'm a big fan of Asian flavors. Lately I've been making up a marinade that uses jam as a base. Sort of taking a riff off a marinade that uses apricot jam or orange marmalade as a base. I don't have that kind of jam on hand, but I had blackberry. The jam really is there to add sweetness. Then add your classic Asian flavors - ginger, garlic, soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, Chinese 5 Spice powder and chicken bullion (with water - you could also use chicken stock). 


I didn't measure my ingredients - I like to judge how much I need based on taste and how much chicken I'm going to cook. This batch is for me to eat through the week.


Before the oven. I like to somewhat poach my chicken so I use a lot of marinade.


These chicken breasts were huge, so they took almost an hour to cook at 375 degrees. Make sure you check the internal temperature and look for 165 degrees. These will make great topping for my salad this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment