Friday, January 18, 2013

Roasted Asparagus

I love asparagus. The past few weeks, I have bought a bunch every week at the grocery store. I usually prepare it the same way - ROASTED. Yum, yum, yum.


Roasted Asparagus
1 bunch asparagus
olive oil spray
salt
pepper
lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut woody bottoms off asparagus. Line rimmed roasting pan with foil and spray with olive oil spray. Lay out asparagus in single layer. Spray with olive oil spray, sprinkle salt and pepper. Rub over asparagus to make sure evenly coated. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on how skinny or fat your spears are. This batch I cooked for 10 minutes and they were still crunchy (they way I like them!). Once out of the oven, use a microplane to grate lemon peel over asparagus.

I made this batch with the purpose of eating it cold, so I wanted it extra crunchy. Because I made this:


Nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment