Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sunday Breakfast

I've always thought the idea of "eggs in purgatory" was a good one, but have never tried it...until now. Weekdays I make my green smoothies for breakfast. On weekends I usually have eggs. Love, love, love eggs. Particularly now since I have real organic eggs from a coworker's chickens. The yolks! I have never seen such yellow yolks! Ok, enough poetry on Ruby's eggs...on to cooking them in tomato sauce! A quick search of the internet (I'm very surprised that I don't already have a recipe on hand!) gives this recipe from Skinnytaste. On a side note, do you know about Skinnytaste? You do now!! Amazing website/blog with great, flavorful recipes that are lower calorie!!!

I just happened to have leftover tomato sauce from my adventures in cauliflower pizza so that went into a skillet. I don't have harrisa, as is mentioned in the Skinnytaste recipe so I doctored the sauce with my stand by of Italian seasoning. Then, when the sauce is all nice and bubbly, add eggs and cover for 4-5 min or until egg is set to your liking. I added cheese on top at the end for some extra yum.



Nom nom nom. Fast, easy, no fuss breakfast. Also, I saved the tomato sauce for another cauliflower pizza the next night - easy tomato sauce - can of tomatoes, put in Magic Bullet, blend, done!

No comments:

Post a Comment