Monday, May 27, 2013

T-shirt Refashion

Happy Memorial Day all! This has been a sewing day for me - finished my homework for my quilting class this week, started on the binding of my first quilt and made a a new shirt. I've seen this idea floating around on Pinterest and when my work was selling T-shirts for charity, I thought this would be a great way to use my shirt!

First cut off the sleeves

Then cut the top, just under the scoop

Also cut off the bottom, keep this for later
Fold over the top of the shirt, pin and sew

All sewed up

Take the part that you cut off the bottom of the shirt and thread through the top of the shirt. I used a safety pin to help guide it thorough.

Finished product! Sorry I look like such a goof! It's hard to take a picture of yourself in the mirror...
I tied the ends once I fished them through my sewed openings. You could cinch it more, but I wanted to see the pattern. I think I may be doing this with a lot of my future shirts!!! Also this took about 10 minutes or less to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment